May 9, 2012
Mark Lopez SP Trooper
Scott Stevens MWS
- Baxter dates
- Togue Pond June 30-July1
- Chimney Pond August 11-12
- Togue Pond Sept. 1-3
- Roster check
- Radio review of channels
- BASAR test Barry and Pat are finished all of the requirements and are waiting for the confirmation from MASAR, Matt is under way.
- AMC notification of all FSAR calls that involve the AT should be made upon mission completion. Notification involves filling out a form and emailing it to the AMC. More info here: http://www.appalachiantrail.org/hiking/report-an-incident
- 2 calls Chickenfest and Bald in Weld, Steve/Coby gave the summary.
- FSAR had a rescue/support role for the Carrabassett Backscountry Cycle Challange last year and we plan to participate again this year. The race is on, Sunday, July 22 more info here: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/15826 If you are interested in helping out contact Barry or Al. Even if you do not have a mountain bike, you can be of great help during the event.
- Eco Challenge June 19-24 Begins in the forks Thurs/Fri more likely to involve us at the end. FSAR should be on a ‘heightened readiness response’ during this time. Al is coordinating Northstar and FSAR’s response for this event.
- June 9 Smalls Falls rope rescue training. ALL FSAR members are encouraged to attend. the event is from 9-3 Paul, Mike DK and Al are instructing.
- Paul will place an order for a new rope and a friction device (scarab) and will let Sprague know the total so he can write him a check.
- Trooper Mark Lopez and Warden Scott Stevens gave an excellent talk on scene preservation. Because I was listening, i did not take good notes. This is all I wrote down: DNA, footwear (photocopy), No photos!, rubber gloves a must, suicide are 10 times harder than homicide because the family will want it to treated like a homicide, they won't believe you. chain of custody photographed before picking it up.