9/20/2011

FSAR member at APU an update





We asked FSAR member Devin to give us an update on how things are going in his program in Alaska....

As a sophomore at Alaska Pacific University, I have been taking classes towards earning a dual-degree in Outdoor Education and Environmental Science. Over the past month, I have earned my Swiftwater Rescue Technician I certification and have been playing in the swift waters of Alaska's coldest rivers. Other classes I have taken since moving to Alaska have been a Wilderness First Responder course, rock and ice climbing courses, as well as a winter wilderness course which gave me an Avalanche I certification. When I'm not in "class", I'm climbing, backpacking, skiing or just enjoying Alaska's beautiful views. I love being a member of FSAR! I can't wait to return to help those in need.

Here is a youtube of Devin's program:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUMjLjn_LNQ&feature=youtu.be

No comments: